What is IV-D?
All 42 District Attorneys in the State of Louisiana are in partnership with The Department of Children and Family Services to provide services for the people who reside in the state. The District Attorney represents the State of Louisiana in all proceedings and does not represent either the custodial or non-custodial parent.
The services provided include:
- Absent parent location
- Establishment of paternity
- Establishment of child support obligations, including medical support obligations
- Collection and distribution of child support payments and spousal support in conjunction with a child support order
- Enforcement of child support obligations, including medical and spousal support
SERVICES NOT PROVIDED
Any issues of custody and visitation are not functions of the IV-D program.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE
Services are available to parents and caregivers of the children. The District Attorneys in the state have several distinct contracts. If your local District Attorney’s office does not offer intake you can apply online at https://www.dcfs.louisiana.gov
There is a $25 application fee if you do not receive one of the following services:
- Family Independence Temporary Assistance Program (FITAP);
- Kinship Care Subsidy Program (KCSP);
- (AFDC) Aid to Families with Dependent Children
- Foster Care Cases (IV-E)
The Louisiana District Attorneys Association works directly with all District Attorneys and the Department of Children and Family Services to provide a brighter future for the children of the state. Should you need any information regarding IV-D or child support issues please call (225) 343-0171.